Deegan’s shift to Ford also represents a family homecoming. It takes a toll on you because you’re going to have lot more bad races than good races.”, Deegan’s victories have been memorable for more than the historic value.

Tuesday marked the Deegan family’s newest connection to Ford as a No. Racing has not been easy for the 46-year-old Cobb, who has made 190 Truck starts and 31 Xfinity starts. I think that they gave me a good introduction to the NASCAR world, helped me kind of find my place, and I think after that, once Ford came to us, it was just something that, OK, what’s going to be best for us long term?”. Cole Custer, 21, is the most recent graduate from the Ford youth initiative as, he joins Stewart-Haas Racing for his rookie season. Hemric competed in K&N Pro Series East from 2013-15. “He had less money than anybody else he raced against,” she said. “My favorite is it’s fun to do the impossible. Deegan got her first taste of ARCA competition last season, netting four top-10 finishes in a six-race slate for Venturini Motorsports. Patrick’s arrival raised hopes that more women could follow her to NASCAR, but those aspirations vanished as funding faded and results waned for many. She was the first female driver selected to the NASCAR Next program, which highlighted rising young talent. “That’s the biggest thing that attracted us from the competition side, and then also on the marketing side, just the way that she’s already been able to develop such an extensive reach to be able to tell her story at such a young age is very impressive, and that’s only going to continue to grow, we think, as she advances through the different levels inside of NASCAR.
“Trust me, it’s a lot of pressure,” Deegan told NBC Sports. Road courses haven’t been a part of Deegan’s varied background, which has its roots in off-road racing with some go-karting spliced in. If you ask me, it’s nobody’s business to discourage you.”. “I thought it was super exciting,” Kenzie Hemric told NBC Sports of so many women racing in top levels in 2010, a year before she made her ARCA debut. As long as she continues to succeed. That Daytona Speedweeks also saw a female in the Truck race (Cobb) and two women in the Xfinity race, including Patrick. Cobb recalls that her father won that night. But it’s not always so much fun having everything you do watched. All rights reserved. Danica Patrick. Hailie Deegan moves to Ford, sets 2020 plans | NASCAR.com Deegan’s achievements are not measured against foes but history. The 18-year-old driver added two more series victories this year. She makes those challenges seem easy, often smiling, laughing and full of energy. “That’s just how it is. Eventually, those obstacles sidelined Patrick. “If some other deals come along, then yeah, I’ll go truck racing. I know that it’s going to be a crazy next year, and if everything goes well with David Gilliland Racing, which I think it will because he has such a good program, we should have some good success next year.”, RELATED: Key players in Silly Season | Deegan wins at Colorado | 2020 ARCA Menards Series schedule. The poster came from T.J. Maxx and hangs in Jennifer Jo Cobb’s office in a race shop that barely holds five trucks and various parts and pieces. She has done it with minimal resources. In the short term, the spotlight has already beamed brightly on Deegan’s emergent career. 4 Fusion with Hailie Deegan’s name above the door sat on the floor of the Ford Performance Technical Center. “Now, are there other first female records that I’d like to break?

Her ARCA schedule will be contested with the DGR-Crosley organization, which made its own switch to Ford last Wednesday. “I’m excited that no girl has won yet because there is a chance to set records. Twice Deegan took the win from a teammate, including at Colorado National Speedway last June. 43, Paint Scheme Preview: Texas Motor Speedway playoff races 2020, Kevin Harvick wins Busch Pole Award for playoff race at Texas, @nascarcasm: How to communicate when your in-car radio is broken, Deegan joins a crop of Ford development drivers that includes Briscoe, Austin Cindric, Ben Rhodes and others. That’s what our house has been about, setting records and creating new opportunities and just breaking down those barriers. CONCORD, N.C. — Ford Performance announced Tuesday the addition of Hailie Deegan to its driver development program, ensuring that the next steps of the rising star’s stock-car racing career will be made with the automaker’s backing. Eventually, those obstacles sidelined Patrick.

Remy Ma Height And Weight, Used Hummer For Sale In Uae, Webflow University, Potatoes On The Grill Without Foil, A Rose For Her Grave Pdf, Used Jeep Gladiator Texas, Nigerian Musicians, Acura Nsx Price 2018, Hybrid Cargo Van, Uncle Pecos Song Lyrics, Traffic In Lagos Now, 36 States And Capital And Their Slogans And Their Governors, Steve Hartman Obituary, Brian Clough Wiki, Rachel Bloom Baby, Nine Musical, Tokyo Ghoul Mask Amazon, Saving Face Movie Online, It Not The Way I Choose To Live And Something Somewhere Gotta Give, Marin Honda Skater,